Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What Am I Running From?

When you're a parent you don't really get to run away. I guess you could, but that isn't very responsible. When most parents run away it's usually scheduled and the kiddo is with someone that loves them, but you still aren't running away, you still have to think about all the "what ifs" and be on call 24/7.

That's one of the reasons I like running, like on a treadmill. For me it is a physical manifestation of running from the things that I can't handle.

I asked the Universe for changes this year and I'm definitely getting them. I'll post more about them tomorrow. I don't do well with changes even if they are super exciting and make me happy, they are still scary. When I'm scared I want to run away and sleep for a few days. Since I can't do that, I run in place on my treadmill and meditate.

When I started running in January I fell in love with the freedom it gave me. I need a challenge and running provided it and a way to escape. I wish I would use stayed on the band wagon last time but no one is perfect.

I'm glad I'm back and I can't wait to see the results from this.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment