- No matter how much you plan, nothing ever works quite how you think it should.
- Pitocin is the devil and so not worth it unless you really can't go into labor on your own.
- Your body most likely will not make a baby that you can't deliver, that are rare cases though.
- Your birth plan doesn't matter once you are in labor.
- Some women have a longer gestational period and it is better to respect that.
- The important thing is that you and the baby are safe, no matter what has to happen.
- It is ok to get an epidural; some people can do it without and some people can't.
- Next time I won't be induced unless it is necessary nor will I give birth in the hospital.
- If you are young, you will be judged.
- You will feel like a caged animal during that two day stay.
- Ask questions anytime the nurses take your baby out of the room.
- Remember to take a shower so you don't stink.
- It's ok to take medication for Postpartum Depression.
- When someone asks what you need for the baby, tell them.
- Ask for help.
- You will be doing laundry on a daily basis.
- Making a daily schedule and following it can be helpful.
- Don't get obsessive about your daily schedule, that is not helpful.
- Co-sleeping takes some adjusting to, it is natural, but you still have to learn.
That's about all I could think of. If any of the moms that read my blog have more to add, please leave a comment.