Sunday, June 26, 2011

Take Me With You?

My parents came up today to install a dishwasher (YAY!) and then took me and Peanut out for dinner like they always do when they come up to visit. I always like it when they come because it's a chance for me to prove that we're doing alright and that I can take care of myself and the kid. At the same time it's always bittersweet.

I am an only child and I was always really close to my parents. I had severe separation anxiety well into my teens and hated being away from them for any real length of time. Being on my own now has been hard but I'm settling in nicely. But when they come to visit I always want to leave with them. I really miss living with them more than I could have ever imagined. I can't go down stairs and ask my dad for a hug when I have a bad day; I can't ask my mom to help me make some ridiculous art project. It's really hard.

I know that I am just on the other side of the city from them, but it's a really big city and it feels really far away. Every time they leave me up here I want to cry and ask them to take me back with them. I love my life here, but sometimes I don't want to be the grown up anymore and I want them to sweep in and take over like they used to.

Guess we all have to leave the nest sometime.

Swt

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Sweetie! Bill and I are so proud of you. We moved out and on our own when we were a couple of years older than you. Then, when we made the move here to Tahoe it was much harder as we were 500 miles away. Know that we are praying for you and Willie and love you very much. Always feel free to call, text, write, or E-Mail. We are here for you,you are family. Kiss Willie for us.

    ReplyDelete