Saturday, May 22, 2010

2 Weeks

Two weeks ago I had my son. It already seems like it has been a lot longer than that. We have already gone to two doctor's appointments and he has already grown. He is an inch longer than when he was born and his head is a half an inch bigger. He gained back all of his weight that he lost those first couple of days plus an ounce (probably more by now, since we went to the doctor on Thursday). It's so amazing to me to watch him grow a little more everyday, and I know this is just the beginning. Today as we were laying in our bed he rolled over all by himself and was then trying to push up with his arms. He almost got it. He can pretty much hold his head up by himself. This little boy is the most amazing person on the face of the Earth.

In other news, Moby Wraps are amazing. I love it, Peanut loves it. It's fantastic. We walked around the mall for over 2 hours yesterday with his strapped to my chest and he was perfectly content. And I love the conversations it starts with random strangers. It's awesome becasue then I get to spout off all of the awesome benefits of baby wearing. This is one of those things that really works for us. There are very few times throughout the day that someone isn't holding him. Even at night, he sleeps right beside me with one of my arms around him. Even as I type this I am laying in bed with him on my chest where he is sound asleep. I never knew you could bond this way with someone. I never want him to be out of my sight.

Well that's all I really have. Later tonight or tomorrow I want to write a post about the issues we had finding a suitable sleeping arrangement and then one about postpartum depression. So keep an eye out for those.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment