Friday, July 30, 2010

Mom Instincts and Flog Yo Blog

While we were camping I had the little man in the Moby. I was walking down the steps leading out of the trailer when I missed one, twisted my ankle, and went down. I didn't even have time to think about it, I threw myself backwards as hard as I could and landed on my butt.

Mom instincts are really cool. Your body takes over and will do whatever it needs to do to protect that baby.

Once when I was a baby my mom was carrying me when it was icy. She slipped and went under one of our cars. The while time she was sliding she didn't let me go.

This is a pretty short post, so share your stories about your awesome mom powers.

I'm pretty excited about this. I have been searching for new blogs to read and also I want to get my blog out there more. If you follow me, I will follow you.

4 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience. When my oldest was about 7 months old I was carrying him and walking on the sidewalk. My (now ex) husband was hurrying me along, and despite the fact that I was wearing heals and carrying the diaper bag, refused to help by carrying our son... needless to say I tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and fell with the baby in my arms. I instinctively twisted sideways to land on my hip/butt while moving my son in such a way that he wasn't harmed -- I twisted my ankle pretty hard and caused a great deal of ligament damage (as well as "relationship damage") but picked myself up and brushed myself off and managed to pretend nothing happened so the baby wouldn't be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what we can do. I'm glad the baby wasn't hurt or scared. My son just looked at me like "what the hell, mom?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn straight. When my youngest was a newborn I almost tripped walking down a flight of stairs. It amazed me that all I was really worried about was holding onto bubs- I could have broken my own neck and not let him go, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum instincts are spot on. It's the power of patience and tolerance and doing what's right even when you're about to drop dead of exhaustion. It's putting your bubba first no matter what and always managing a smile to show them that 'mumma's okay'.

    ReplyDelete