Friday, July 23, 2010

So I Have a Baby Strapped to My Chest

I love wearing Peanut and he loves being worn. I find myself judging people that just throw their children in a stroller or car seat. If you wear or carry your baby, your baby will probably be happier. What could be better than being right next to mom or dad. It allows you to interact with your baby in new ways. As I am typing this, Peanut is chewing on my nose and laughing hysterically.

All this being said, I do not wear him all the time. If he is asleep and we are somewhere that I can put him down, I put him down. If we are going on a long shopping trip, he rides in the stroller and I put him in the sling or wrap when he gets bored. If was are outside and it is hot, he stays in the stroller so that neither one of us overheats. When we are at home, if he is awake, someone is either playing with him or holding him.

A lot of people say that this will spoil him, no it will not. Keeping him happy and content and meeting his needs is my job, it is what he needs. I will admit that sometimes it is not as easy as I would like it to be. Especially when he is wiggling and playing and throwing me off balance, but it is totally worth it.

If any of you do not have a google account, send me an email and I will send you my blog posts so that you get them when I post them. My email is sweet_blood_09@hotmail.com

Also, I am trying to update everyday. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment