Thursday, March 18, 2010

Feeling Very Pregnant

Lately I've been tired, I don't mean "I want a nap" kind of tired; it's more like "I refuse to wake up, ever." kind of tired. I don't really like it very much because I'm not getting a whole lot done. There is lots of stuff that needs to be done; clean out the room for the baby, work on the business, a whole slew of arts and crafts stuff that has been building up. I just can't seem to motivate myself to do it. I think I need to break it down into tiny little steps that I can do whenever I get a free 5 minutes. I don't know.

People keep acting like I'm nuts when they ask about cribs and child birth and formula. I'm really not getting a crib. It's a lot of money for something that will turn into a glorified cat bed. Someone asked me if I was going to be one of those crazy people that doesn't use drugs during child birth. How is that crazy? And then there is the formula vs. breast feeding debate. Oh my god. I'm going to breastfeed for AT LEAST a year, quite possibly longer. Of course the baby will start eating solids when I feel like he is ready, but why is it so strange that I would want to feed my baby in the most natural way possible. The nutrition is perfect, it helps the baby's immune system and IT'S WHAT BOOBS ARE MADE FOR! Ugh. I know that there will always be people there telling me that the decisions I make are wrong, but the baby isn't even here yet. And I didn't ask for opinions.

Sorry for the bitch-fest everyone. It's just hard since everything upsets me. But I did teach myself not to cry so that's a plus.

Well I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's weird at all that you want to have natural childbirth and to breastfeed. I went natural and breastfed for over a year. it's the most beautiful thing you can do. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete