Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This House Tucked In

This post is inspired by a post written by Lori from Random Ramblings of a SAHM on Wanderlust. It's called This House Tucked Up and it is about how she loves her house at night when all the doors and windows are closed and its all "tucked up" for the night.

This post really resonated with me because I feel the same way; sometimes I hate this house because of all the shit that needs to be fixed, but at night it is my safe haven.

This house isn't officially tucked in at night until Psycho Knight gets here and locks the door for the final time and shuts off the porch light. Until then it is open with the sun beaming though, then as night falls I start closing the curtains and switch on the porch light waiting for him to get home and turn it back off. I sing Peanut a song and get him all tucked into his bed where I can hear him chattering to himself until he falls asleep. Then its time to tidy up, surf the net, be alone.

After PK gets home and locks the door the TV comes on and I finish dinner. Then the lights go off and the soft glow of the green ring on the X-Box accompanies the TV. We sit and talk and snuggle until I'm so tired that I start falling asleep on my Love's shoulder and decide that I need to go to bed.

As I kiss him goodnight, tell him I love him, walk up the stairs and into our bed I can still hear the TV and see it's soft flickering. It's my night light and my lullaby. My home secure and tucked in for the night I drift off to sleep. Soon after I'm barely awoken by the warm body climbing into bed next to me and wrapping his arms around me pulling me close where I sleep until morning.

This house is my home and I love it at night the most.

Swt

1 comment:

  1. Awww- so beautiful Sarah! Ikwym about all the crap that needs fixing- that's why I love my soft lighting hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete