Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Am the House Captain!

I have been thinking a lot about the term "housewife" lately and I have decided that I am most certainly not one. I’ve talked before about how a lot or the household responsibilities fall on me and most of the time I am alright with that fact but I don’t feel like a housewife does all of the things I do. I (try to) fix garbage disposals, put things together, take them apart, I can fix or at least figure out how to fix most anything that can go wrong, I take care of the cars, I’m a welder, I’m an artist, oh-and I suck at most things domestic.

So I’ve chosen a new title – House Captain. I got this from Cat over at Hipster Housewife (the best blog EVAR!!). You can read her post, which is very similar to this one, here.

Also, I have pretty well accepted that most of the household crap falls in my lap and I put up with it. Psycho Knight has gotten better about doing the laundry and dishes and such so I’m not quite so cranky about doing it all. And as it turns out, I don’t mind cleaning when I’m upset. It’s nice to turn up the music really loud and not think for awhile.

This was a short little post and I’m sorry for that. I have a few bigger ones in the works and I am trying to get better about posting.

Swt

No comments:

Post a Comment